Mikes Random Musings

Saturday, January 21, 2006

This is a little ditty about me and caffeine...

Anyone who knew me at uni, would be aware of the large amounts of coke I consumed (no, not *THAT* sort of coke). I drank on average, about 1.5 litres of the stuff per day (about 4 cans). I was always high on sugar and caffeine.

When I got sick, I stopped drinking any sort of caffeine. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to give up. I went through withdrawls, I felt sick & headachey for about a week. After that, I had trouble staying awake as much as I had, I didn't need to sleep, I just felt sluggish and not quite with it.

After a while, this all went away, and I was functioning normally without any sort of chemical help.

This week, because I have been working all of the time and not sleeping I decided, on tuesday, to have a coke to try and get myself reved up in the morning. By thursday , I was drinking 3 cans by midday. I was shocked to see how easily I fell back into old habbits. I mean, as far as addictions go, coke isn't a bad one, but I have never thought of myself as having an addictive personality. So it scares me to see how easily I can do something like that without thinking about it.

Friday I went cold turkey, felt a bit crap (mostly cause I was so tired), but I am glad I did. I don't want to go back to my university days for any reason.

On something more positive. An albumn from 2005 that I haven't mentioned nearly enough. Magic Dirt - SnowWhite, this isn't a seminal albumn or anything like that, it's just normal magic dirt. Feel good rock/pop with a hard edge. Really recommend people give it a listen. Shove it on while your driving and you'll slowly see the needle creep up, just don't blame the tickets on me :-)

[ Magic Dirt - Sleep ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home