Mikes Random Musings

Friday, February 24, 2006

Please don't judge me to quickly. I am, after all, only human.

So I was reading an article about fallout boy. There is a quote in that article that really rang true with me, and got me thinking. Something, which never ends well.

"See: There's the bands that you say you like to sound smart, and there's the bands you say you like to get laid. And then there's the bands you really listen to." -- Pete Wentz.

I find these guys really obnoctious(sp?). In my head they represent the emo/myspace generation that shits me to tears. However, this comment is dead on the money.

The following is something that I don't think I have ever admitted out loud before now.

I like a lot of music. Some of it is stuff that I thought I 'should' be listening to. Some of it is stuff friends were listening to, so I started listening in order to fit in. Some is stuff that I have heard and thought, 'hell yeah', and kept listening to it.

There are times, where stuff that I have heard and liked, I have never admitted I liked. For example, I have both of Avril Lavigne's albumns, and think that both of them are pretty good. While I have no respect for her as an artist, I think that the music she releases is pretty good when you need something mindless to listen to.

I guess what this comes down to is, musical taste is something that is completely subjective and is completely beyond our control physical control. Just open yourself up, and let yourself experience everything that is out there.

Oh yeah, and I actually like the fallout boy albumn. I don't like them though ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home