Mikes Random Musings

Friday, February 03, 2006

Sitting here listening to The Tea Party on shuffle. I have all of the albumns here, and because of the shuffle, I am skipping backwards and forwards across all of them.

Amazing how a band can get it so wrong, and so right at the same time. Some of these songs are just so gentle and moving, then you move to the next track which is so harsh I almost want to stop listening.

I guess it's this dichotomy that keeps me coming back to listen again and again.

Not much else to report this week in the way of music.

I listened to the latest Tegan and Sara albumn the other day. Not bad, they have very different voices, so it makes some interesting harmonies in the music. I enjoyed listening to the albumn, but there was nothing there that really grabbed me (probably because it's not my sort of music).

My monitor at home died last night :-( To do anything at home, I have to move the windows onto the TV so I can see them. I am currently trying to decide what to do. Do I spend a couple of hundred on a new monitor (nice big LCD), or do I just push that money towards a laptop.

Problem with a laptop is, I would like something fairly powerfull (i.e. I *could* play games if I wanted to), but still be portable. Unfortunatly nothing like that really exists at the moment (no Scott, your laptop is *NOT* portable).

Meh, I shall mull it over on the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, for all non americans, this weekend is the Superbowl. The Seattle Seahawks, against the Pittsburgh Stealers. I don't understand the game, I don't really want to understand the game. I do however understand sport, so on sunday I shall be sitting with some mates, having some beers and watching the game. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home